CMD120 versatile and networkable 20 channel display and power supply
30 April 2008
Versatile and networkable 20 channel display and power supply
• 20 channels of voltage input - supports heated capacitance manometers, mass flow meters and mass flow controllers.
• Networkable digital communications via Ethernet, also RS232 and RS485
• 16 bit input, 16 bit setpoint out.
• +/- 15 volt transducer supplies
• User settable units and ranges.
• Supplied with software to allow configuration and data reading on a PC.
• All 20 channels can be displayed on screen (scrollable) - possible to operate from the front panel or via comms.
• Channels 2-20 can be slaved from channel 1.
Chell has developed its successful CMD100 controller to interface with up to 20 transducers. These transducers can be anything with a DC voltage output (5 or 10 VDC). The CMD120 also features a setpoint output to enable it to support flow controllers.
The CMD120 can be controlled from the front panel or via digital communications. When controlled over the interface, the communications protocol allows for channels to be addressed simultaneously.
For example, all channels, or a group of channels could be zero’d with one command.
The CMD120 is housed in a metal case, mains power and process connections are located at the rear of the unit, with the user controls and display on the front panel.
When supplied by Chell with transducers, the unit comes pre-configured and displaying the required units.
Setpoint Operating Modes
The CMD can generate a setpoint output in two ways. The first of these is where the setpoint is simply generated internally and set on the front panel (or from the PC). Alternatively, the setpoints can be configured in a master / slave fashion where the ratio of the controllers can be fixed and the master set by internal / external setpoints. When using the master / slave mode, channel 1 is always the master and channels 2- 20 can be configured as the slave.
Chell Instruments Ltd
Folgate House, Folgate Road
North Walsham, Norfolk NR28 0AJ, UK
Tel: +44 1692 500555, Fax: +44 1692 500088