New extended torque ranges on offer from British Autogard
1 February 2011
British Autogard, the market leading Torque Limiter and Power Transmission Coupling manufacturer, is pleased to introduce the new 820 Modular Torque Limiter Catalogue. The Catalogue features a wider size range, including the new size 6 model, offering a greater torque range than the previous edition. Following extensive and continual research and development, the existing range has also been up-rated resulting in a greater capacity being offered. Autogard engineers constantly review their designs and raw material selections, and combined with Autogard’s manufacturing team striving for ever better manufacturing performance, the result is an improved, stronger, higher quality finished product.
British Autogard Sales Manager David Edwards points out that “having design, engineering and manufacturing all in-house, and under one roof, not only means being able to look at new products but look at ways of improving what we already offer our customers. Many of our competitors have either shelved R& D in the tough economic climate, or sub-contracted the work, or they find their design, engineering and manufacturing teams located in different continents to each other; British Autogard still functions within a similar structure dating back to the company’s origins in the 1930’s, in fact it is still located in Cirencester, Gloucestershire where it all started, and this legacy is also our strength going forward”
• The 820 Modular Torque Limiter has been designed to meet the need for a high torque, high and low speed torque limiter.
• Designed using a modular principle, the trip torque setting can be set to virtually any value. The torque value is dependant upon the radius at which the modules are located and the number of modules used.
• The accurate and consistent torque setting ensures reliable and repeatable torque overload protection.
• The trip torque is easily adjustable and is carried out with the modules in-situ. Manual or automatic reset versions are available.
• The centre of the torque limiter can be “dropped out” for removal from the drive line without the need to move any other equipment.
• A variety of mountings are available including a wide range of coupling options, sprockets, pulleys and the increasingly popular universal joint coupling mounting.
The 820 is already successfully used and specified by Extruder Manufacturers, Steel Mill Equipment Manufacturers, Mining Machinery Manufacturers and across a variety of applications in the Power Generating Industry.
For your copy of the new 820 Modular Torque Limiter Catalogue please contact British Autogard, 2 Wilkinson Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1YT. Tel: 01285 640333, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web-site: www.autogard.com