HONEYWELL CONTINUES GROWTH IN UNISIM® PROCESS SIMULATION BUSINESS
30 November 2012
10 Projects Worth $20 Million To Deploy Honeywell’s Simulation Technology To Improve Operator Skills, Enhance Plant Performance
BRACKNELL, UK, 27 November, 2012 – Major industrial companies from various sectors of the process industries are turning to Honeywell’s (NYSE:HON) UniSim® technology to provide industrial operator training and process design solutions. Honeywell has signed ten new simulation projects worth a combined $20 million, driving growth for its process simulation business.
Honeywell’s UniSim family of simulation software and engineering services are designed to enhance plant design, operations and optimization. UniSim offers a series of unified simulation solutions to support improved performance throughout the lifecycle of a plant - from off-line use in steady-state design simulation, control check-out, and operator training, to online use in control and optimization, performance monitoring, and business planning.
“A wide range of industrial operations recognize simulation technology can help them achieve a significant competitive advantage in today’s demanding global market,” said Vimal Kapur, vice president - Advanced Solutions for Honeywell Process Solutions. “Honeywell’s successful track record in process simulation has given customers confidence in our ability to deliver solutions that consistently help the process industries meet their business objectives.”
The UniSim portfolio includes UniSim Design Suite, a powerful steady-state and dynamic simulation tool that helps engineers create optimal process designs based on critical business objectives; and UniSim Operations Suite, which provides an advanced operator training solution plus capabilities for control system checkout.
Recent examples of Honeywell’s growing process simulation business include:
• European-based refining company making a multi-million dollar investment in Honeywell’s OTS technology to help improve operator competency and safety at multiple facilities.
• Global petroleum exploration and production company employing the UniSim Design Suite at all of its sites worldwide to design and test plant processes.
• Leading petrochemical producer selecting Honeywell to deliver its largest corporate OTS program for refining and natural gas liquids (NGL) process units in the Middle East.
• European-based engineering firm renewing a major agreement with Honeywell for its UniSim Design Suite for process design projects around the world.
• Korea natural gas supplier choosing Honeywell to provide comprehensive automation solutions, including the UniSim Operations Suite for liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals.
• North American petroleum refiner adding two production facilities to its list of sites employing UniSim technology.
• Global energy and petrochemical firm choosing Honeywell to provide a multi-purpose dynamic simulator based on the UniSim Design Suite at a prominent LNG development.
•One of Russia’s largest fertilizer producer installing UniSim-based operator training systems on multiple ammonia production units.
• US-based chemical manufacturer relying on Honeywell to help simulate and design a first-of-its-kind processing facility that will produce ammonia from biomass.
• Middle Eastern oil & gas company continuing its investments in UniSim process simulation solutions.
For more information about Process Solutions, access www.honeywellprocess.com.