Meeting Asia’s future energy needs on the agenda at Tank Storage Asia 2017
21 June 2017
With around three quarters of the world’s oil demand coming from Asia, the prospects for the bulk liquid storage industry in the region are bright. While crude shipments into the region have reached record levels in recent months, intra-regional demand is also hitting new heights as China’s independent refineries continue to ramp up activity. Almost three hundred million barrels of capacity are expected to be added by the end of this year, and the expansion of regional storage capacity is set to continue for the next decade.
This is the exciting backdrop for Tank Storage Asia 2017, Asia’s leading bulk liquid storage event, which will be taking place at the Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre in Singapore on 27 and 28 September 2017.
The event is supported by Horizon Terminals, Stolthaven Terminals, the Singapore Manufacturing Federation, the Independent Power Producers’ Forum, RVB Tank Storage Solutions and the Corrosion Association Singapore. The online sponsor will be Emerson.
Attendees will have the opportunity to visit an exhibition with more than 80 international and local suppliers showcasing the latest equipment and state-of-the-art technologies. Exhibitors will include CTS Far East, Protego, Emco Wheaton, Loadtec Engineered Systems, KROHNE South East Asia Pte, Kanon Loading Equipment and Siemens to name just a few. These span the entire supply chain, from tank design, construction and maintenance, through to innovations in metering and measuring, pumps and valves, automation and loading equipment and inspection and certification services.
The exhibition will also include a Singapore Pavilion, where local companies from the world’s second largest oil and gas trading hub will be exhibiting, with the financial support of the Singapore Manufacturing Federation and iMAP funding initiative.
This year’s event will also feature a two-day conference, addressing the most significant trends, challenges and opportunities facing the tank storage industry in Asia. Topics for the conference sessions will include global supply and demand trends, spotting development opportunities across Asia, the impact of developments in the global petrochemicals sector, drivers of tankage growth in India, storage requirements in Indonesia up to 2025 and many others.
Among the industry leaders taking part will be:
· Andersen Ang, Deputy General Manager, PT. Taruna Bina Sarana (Linc Group)
· Mike Beviss, Director – Special Projects, Eastport Maritime
· Binu Chaudhary, Regional Commercial Manager, Mott MacDonald
· Chye Poh Chua, CEO, Ships Focus
· Ulf Johannesson, Manager, Product Marketing, Emerson
· Hormuzd Karanjia, Director, IHS Chemical Industry Consulting Asia
· Sharath Choudary Katragadda, Managing Partner, Katalyst Consulting
· Ai Lin Leaw, Executive Director, Benalec Holdings Berhad
· Olivier Lejeune, Oil Storage Market Analyst, International Energy Agency
· Darmawan A Mukharror, Process Safety Expert, Indonesian Institute for Process Safety
· Mukesh Parikh, Senior Consultant, SmartHead Consulting
· Jon Ornolfsson, Partner, England & Wales, Ashurst and Samuel Tan, Senior Associate, Ashurst
· Jeff Wilson, Director, Synergy Downstream
· Marat Zapparov, Director, Infrastructure Clifford Capital
Nick Powell, StocExpo and Tank Storage Portfolio Event Director said: “Tank Storage Asia is one of our fastest-growing shows. Last year saw the highest ever visitor numbers, with almost 1,600 tank storage professionals from 35 countries in attendance – we hope to exceed this in 2017”.
Attendees will also be able to attend a variety of networking events which will be a chance to share experiences with peers, building new professional relationships and strengthening existing ones. In addition to the Networking Lounge at the heart of the show floor, there will also be official exhibition networking reception on the first evening of the event.
Visitor registration is now open; anyone wishing to attend the exhibition or conference can register online.
For more information, please visit: www.tankstorageasia.com