AMETEK Land Achieves ISO 9001:2015 Accreditation
11 October 2018
AMETEK Land has successfully achieved the new standard ISO 9001:2015. Having held ISO 9001:2008 for many years, AMETEK Land has been working towards the new quality management system for the past 12 months.
Why AMETEK Land set out to achieve ISO 9001:2015
• It demonstrates that it provides products and services of consistent quality.
• It shows that its products and services meet customer requirements, comply with the law and latest legislation.
• It can help in streamlining business processes and continuously improving them.
• In addition, ISO 9001 helps to increase customer satisfaction. It also shows that it complies with internationally recognised quality standards.
The most recent ISO 9001:2015 standard is constructed around seven quality management principles:
• Customer focus
• Engagement of people
• Process approach
• Evidence-based decision making
• Relationship management
The major change with the introduction of the ISO 9001:2015 is its focus on risk-based thinking. Whilst this has always been part of the standard, the new version gives it increased prominence. ISO 9001:2015 also gives greater emphasis to leadership engagement, helping to address organisational risks and opportunities in a structured manner, in the context of the organisation.
Paul Smith, Quality and Service Manager at AMETEK Land, explains “We’re really pleased to have achieved this standard and it is testament to the commitment of our team in moving our quality management systems forward to meet the new standard. Achieving ISO 9001:2015 will demonstrate to our customers and supply chain that as a business we operate to the highest quality standards.”
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1246 417691
Fax: +44 (0)1246 410585